Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I scored BIG TIME!!

Last Saturday we noticed our next door neighbors were having a yard sale, so of course we have to check it out! Jake went over there first, he came back with nothing but said that I needed to go over there because the neighbor lady has a HUGE pile of fabric... as soon as he said that my eyes bugged out and my jaw dropped!! I scrounged around for some quarters (because I almost never have cash on me!!) and turned up with $6.00... I walked over and saw the pile of fabric for myself... he was right, it was HUGE!! First thing I ask "how much is your fabric?", the nice neighbor lady grabs a good size stack and says "$3.00 for a pile this size" ("this size" was about 10" wide by 10" tall!!)... so I started digging and picking out what I could afford. I thought I did pretty good for a pretty big stash for only $5!! Well... we had someone coming over that afternoon to buy our stove that we don't need anymore, so I waited, and waited for this guy to show up... as I was waiting, I kept checking the neighbors fabric table to see if she had sold any more of it. FINALLY, the guy showed up with the cash for the stove and he hauled it off! As soon as he left, I gathered up the boys and headed back over to the yard sale. She still had a lot of the fabric left, so I told her "I have $20.00, how much of this can I get?" She said "you can have all of it!"... again, my eyes bugged out and my jaw dropped! I said "really?!?!"... handed her the $20 and gave each of the boys a pile and carried a large (heavy!!) pile myself! I still cannot believe I got that much fabric for $25.00!!!! The larger pieces of fabric I got probably has 5 or more yards each!! The smaller pieces are probably more like 1 to 3 yards each! So! What should I make??

No comments:

Post a Comment